General scheme of development of the network of JSC "Russian Railways"
The development of general scheme for the development and disposal of railway transport in the future is one of the most important tasks performed by JSC "ITED", and the main fundamental work of the Institute.
General scheme is a system of measures for scientifically based solutions to the problems of organizing and using resources in various sectors of the national economy to ensure their effective development in the future. General scheme is being developed by JSC "ITED" on the basis of strategic planning documents of the Russian Federation in the field of federal transport. It is one of the key documents defining sizes and parameters of the long-term development of railway transport, investment needs, infrastructure modernization tasks, improvement of techique and technology, implementation of investment projects.
JSC "ITED" study digitalization of the process of developing a General Scheme for the development of railways. The corresponding automated system is one of the main strategic directions for planning the optimal development of railway infrastructure for the future.
Within the framework of this direction, the following is done:
- Analysis of existing and calculation of prospective sizes of cargo and passenger train traffic
- Determination of prospects for the development of high-speed and high-speed passenger transportation on the network of JSC "Russian Railways"
- Identification of "narrow places" by areas of the railway system
- Identification of the main measures to increase the capacity of the railway infrastructure
- Development of proposals for the redistribution of cargo train traffic
- Determination of the main target indicators of the network of JSC "Russian Railways"
- Determination of the required park of traction rolling stock
- Assessment of required total investments
- Assessment of commercial and macroeconomic efficiency
- Multiple calculations of the development of the railway network of JSC "Russian Railways"