This area includes the following activities:
- Preparation of proposals for cooperation in the field of railway transport with individual countries and international organizations
- Elaboration of proposals for the development of international transport corridors
- Analysis of the current state of the existing railway infrastructure and elaboration of proposals for its development
- Feasibility studies of foreign railway infrastructure development projects
Примеры выполненных проектовProject portfolio:
In accordance with the decision of the 66th meeting of the Council for Railway Transport of the Member States of the Commonwealth of Independent States, a Working Group was established with the participation of representatives of railway administrations participating in the work of the Council for Railway Transport of the Member States of the Commonwealth and JSC "ITED". The concept of strategic development of railway transport in the space of 1520 to 2030 was developed by JSC "ITED" in 2018-2020, taking into consideration the proposals of railway administrations and discussions at the meetings of the Working Group.
The Concept takes into considerationthe provisions of the main documents defining the directions of strategic development of the transport complex of the CIS member states and all countries with a railway track of 1520 mm.
The main provisions of the document suggest:
- Implementation of measures for the gradual transition to new information technologies
- Digitalization of technological processes, improvement of the transportation process management system and interaction with other modes of transport
- Improvement of regulatory and legal support of technological processes
- Improving the work of international junction points
- Development of transport infrastructure and improvement of the technical base of railway transport
- Development of high-speed communication
- Improving the level of transport logistics and further development of international transport corridors
The implementation of the priority directions set out in the Concept will allow in the future to move to a new level of interaction between the transport systems of the 1520 states, increase the volume of international transit, strengthen the position of the 1520 space as one of the key centers of economic development on the Eurasian continent.
The concept provides for the implementation in the period up to 2030 of further improvement of railway transport through the development of transport technologies, extension of the service sector and the quality of service for passengers and cargo owners, improvement of the plan for the formation of cargo trains in international traffic, the technological process of operation of all stations of the network, the development and creation of high-speed passenger traffic, increasing the level of transport logistics and network development transport and logistics centers, interaction with other modes of transport for the development of multimodal transport.
In the 1520 countries, plans for the strategic development of railway transport are in place at the national level.
The main objective of the Concept is to implement coordinated approaches to the strategic development of railway transport in the entire 1520 space, to develop measures aimed at improving the competitiveness of railway transport through the coordinated solution of priority tasks, which should allow both further mutual integration of railways with a gauge of 1520 mm and increasing their competitiveness in the Euro-Asian transport services market.
Participation of IEDT JSC in the work of international organizations
Given its competence in the international sphere, the institute regularly participates in the meetings of working groups with international organizations. These include the Organization for Co-operation between Railways (OSJD), the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP), the Directorate of the Rail Transport Council of the Commonwealth of Independent States, bilateral working groups (Russian-Japanese, Russian-Chinese, Russian-Indonesian cooperation, etc.).
As part of multilateral and long-term cooperation with OSJD, the Institute takes an active part in the work of the OSJD Commission on Transport Policy and Development Strategy (hereinafter - OSJD Commission) in the following core directions:
- Development and implementation of comprehensive measures to improve transportation and development of OSJD railway transport corridors
- Strategic development of railway transport of OSJD member states
Within the framework of the activities of the OSJD Commission on Transport Policy and Development Strategy, comprehensive plans for improvement of transportation and development of the OSJD railway transport corridors and technical-operational data sheets for the OSJD railway transport corridors are drafted and monitored. The Institute prepares materials on the core areas of strategic development of the railway infrastructure in the Russian Federation, as well as materials for the sessions of the OSJD Ministerial Meeting.